The Business Analyst is responsible for researching, developing and translating client and market needs into comprehensive software business requirements.
- Research and analysis of market, client, business and regulatory needs.
- Work closely with customers (both internal and external) to elicit and develop business, functional, non-functional requirements for software and operations into detailed and discrete requirements.
- Provide clear and concise documentation of client high level and detailed requirements.
- Act as liaison among stakeholders to communicate and validate business requirements and business processes.
- Facilitate and manage group requirement review sessions
- Develop business process models, use cases and scenarios to be used by development and quality assurance teams for functional specifications and test cases.
- Participate in the review and approval process for functional specifications/designs and quality assurance test plans to ensure traceability to documented requirements. Validation that requirements were met.
- Assist with documentation of software product release notes, as required
- Assist with testing of software product changes, as required
- Participate in process improvement projects, as required
- Create requirements and use case development
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Information Systems.
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in business requirements elicitation and development; or equivalent training and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in use case development and documentation.
- Experience and subject matter expertise with health plan payer systems; expertise specific to Medicare Advantage and Part D is preferred.
- Understands the business issues and data challenges Medicare Advantage enrollment, reconciliation, sales and marketing, premium billing, risk adjustment and PDE management areas.
- Knowledge of multiple methods of requirements elicitation techniques, including: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
Location: Irvine, CA
If you feel you meet these requirements, please send your resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.